Monday, November 28, 2005

Every flake is different

It started snowing tonight as I was driving home. I think I pulled a gut muscle giving the First Snow Happy Scream. It's so cool though! Of course tomorrow will rain and wash everything away, but for the moment it's just lovely.

Listening to: Van Lear Rose. You know, with Loretta Lynn and Jack White. Very cool album. It was one of those things you read about and think, gosh, this could be awful or it could be great - well, it's great. Thank you, Semiahmoo Public Library.

Reading: A Room with a View. Okay, I'm only on Chapter 2, but so far it's just as good as the movie. (Uh, that sounds bad... Honest, I'm not the "Why read it? The movie's coming out in October" type, but that movie was awesome!)

Thinking about: whether to take the job I interviewed for today, doing office work for a moving company. The scene was like something out of a horror flick, complete with mangy dogs scuttling around broken-down old chevys, and grimy inbred-looking truck drivers watching me from the corners of their eyes. Lady was nice enough, but the place was creepy: shoulda-been-condemned-in-'83 type of house turned into an office, rusted fences and sagging porches, and all definitely on the wrong side of the tracks. Hmm... Come to think of it, she never mentioned my wage, either.

Realizing: that just as my favourite dates have been with boys I neither pitied nor loved, my best interviews are for jobs I'm really not sure I want to have. I think it's a confidence thing, the whole this-is-me, I-don't-care-if-you-think-I'm-good-enough issue. Hmm...

Noticing: how girls speak with their hands a lot more after they get engaged.

What are you doing?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Van Lear Rose IS awesome. I was always afraid it was a little too...weird for most people though...but not my Mel!

Not sure about that job...hmmmm...

8:48 AM, November 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn straight, Aman. And after my fourth listen, I have only this to say: Van Lear Rose KICKS BOTTOMS!

1:12 PM, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home