Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Interview!!!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and we have but to see if it is legitimate light and whether I will need to carry mace.
Job interview Saturday afternoon for position of English tutor, 1-on-1 in students' homes. Sounds OK at first, but I have my worries, which are as listed:
- First off, the man who called me has a very strong Chinese accent and sounds like he could do with a spot of tutoring himself.
- He never gave a business name, and I forgot to ask. (Note to self: email re this question.)
- He asks that I meet him at a library for the interview. I will recognize him by the big black suitcase he will be carrying. (????)
- He asks that I bring my B.A. certificate to the interview, along with any grammar books I might have.
- He called me at 9 P.M.
- His name is the same as that of at least 10,000 other Chinese-Canadians in the area, so it's not like I can google him.

So,... I've never tutored English before. Anybody out there have any suggestions? Should I be worried? Is it normal for a tutoring place not to have its own textbooks and curricula?

On the other hand, it's a job. And I am dead broke.

1 Comments:

Blogger elsoopermexican said...

good luck, smelly.

1:11 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home