Tuesday, December 13, 2005

R.I.P. 1989 - 2005

I would like to ask for a moment of silence, please, in memory of Stangster the Ghettobile, who has passed on. A difficult friend s/he was, but my friend all the same, one whom I loved in spite of his/her faults and foibles, in spite of faded paint and jimmied locks, in spite of those unfortunate breakdowns on the 405 in rush-hour traffic, in spite of oil stains on driveways, in spite of flat tires, in spite of - or rather because of - being by far the ugliest car in the law firm's parking lot, and most other parking lots, for that matter. Stangster was a very special car, was my first car, and, to date, my only car. His/her life ended this past Thanksgiving with a sudden and no doubt exhilarating plunge off a cliff along a scenic California highway, a plunge in which Stangster gave his/her life in protection of the five passengers, all of whom survived without injury.
Stangster - thank you. Wish I could have been there for you, buddy. We had our good times and our bad times, but I will always remember you fondly.
Sincerely,
Mel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

RIP indeed. Plunge off a cliff, eh? I'm glad to hear there were no injuries.

2:09 AM, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home