Thursday, January 19, 2006

Travel Bug

Tonight I set fare watchers on Travelocity for anything flying out of YVR to Los Angeles, Burbank, Nashville, and Geneva. Keeping fingers crossed for ridiculously low fare to Geneva, because someday I going to spend a week here. In the summer or autumn, or maybe spring...

Other places to be: here, because I dig lighthouses and big rocks; here, where you can have dinner with people carrying on one conversation in four languages (Italian, German, French, and English), be introduced to grappa (vile, but potent), and stand on a turret - the real deal, with crenellations and a trapdoor - at midnight; here, because Dinkel Acker is great and they serve you half a chicken and warm rolls with it, and every fourth song is "Wahnsinn" and you have to stand up on your bench and sing along to it and raise your krug of beer at the chorus, and everyone loves everyone else; here - second and third photos from the top - because last time I was there I was too broke for the 30 kroner to actually go inside the church, and anyway I've always wanted to see if I'd like Denmark better without having 4 bickering family members, one (little brother) constipated, along; and here (story here, more photos here) because it's just so odd and... cool.

I temped at Master Machinists the last two days, and am therefore well on my way to attaining the affluence requisite for extensive travel. Will send you postcards.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Try Travelzoo, too. Some of their prices get inSANEly low. Like, go to tokyo to three hundred bucks, or something.

4:06 PM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger talitha cumi said...

Wow, thanks for the great tip! I've got that site bookmarked now...

12:09 AM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home