Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Addendum to beer story

Just to clarify, I realize that buying beer and not sharing is a selfish thing to do. However, the reason I was so depressed in the first place is because I was so sick of being broke and unemployed and living off my parents. I've always been pretty independent; had my own bank account from the age of five, because when I was a kid we worked whether we wanted to or not, but at least Dad paid us. From the age of nine we paid half for any furniture for our bedrooms, and from thirteen on we paid for all our own clothing. I turned fourteen in boarding school, and only called home once every month or three. My parents contributed to my first year of college but that is all. Last year, on a pretty crummy wage, I paid rent on a house shared four ways, bought my own food, bought my own car, made student loan payments, and paid for any flights home. And I was happy. So last week, all I wanted was MY OWN six-pack, paid for with MY OWN MONEY, to enjoy BY MYSELF once in a while when I needed a drink. And that is why I wanted to wring little brother's neck. A fourteen-year-old should know better, even one so infantile it sometimes surprises me that he eats oatmeal in the mornings instead of breastfeeding. The kid ties his shoelaces with the bunny-and-loop method, by gosh.
To sum up: yes I am selfish sometimes; M****l is a huge baby and needs to go to military school; being dependent at 25 sucks; and I am not an alcoholic, I was exaggerating because exaggeration makes for a better story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home