Monday, January 23, 2006

OUR NEW PRIME MINISTER
(Cute baby. But Mr. Harper has a very nice face too.)

Stephen Harper just gave THE BEST speech I have ever heard. The man spoke clearly, simply, thoughtfully, and genuinely. If he accomplishes a quarter of what he hopes to, he will have been the best thing ever to happen to Canada.
Never before have I been so proud of my country.


(If I can find a copy of his speech online tomorrow, I'm putting it up on this blog. Not that any of you, my American readers, will care. You probably didn't even know we were having elections today. I'm STILL going to post it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

I take offense at your last comments. If I can remember right, I asked you about the upcoming elections in June 2004, and you admitted that you weren't goint to vote and all that. And then you guys let in that creep Martin. If you guys had just done the right thing in 2004 you would never have been in this mess.

Oh and please post the speech, I am very interested.

2:08 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger talitha cumi said...

Dan, Dan, you are one of the few, the valuable... and I'll admit it, I've never taken much interest in politics before.
As for the speech, I think it's great, but that's because I'm Canadian and I see the terrible need for all the things Harper wants to accomplish. It's not like MLK's "Dream" speech, though that was plagiarised anway. Still haven't found a copy of it online...

10:41 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger talitha cumi said...

A copy of Harper's speech, not MLK's, that is.

10:42 AM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home