Sunday, August 14, 2005

"Unemployed, in Greenland!!!" - Princess Bride

Yep, that's me. Except that it's Canada, not Greenland.

They say necessity is the mother of invention. So, what does a 20 - something girl do on a Sunday night when she has the house to herself, no money, and nobody to hang out with? Easy. She downloads music, burns herself a good CD, cracks open a beer or two, and has a one-person dance party. My feet are killing me now, but really, why dance in shoes when you could go barefoot? Also, Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" is pretty much my favourite dance song ever. And DAMN... if only I didn't have to be alone to dance like this...

All the same, I miss people. Ten days or so until I throw a duffel bag in the car and drive to California for the wedding. (There is a God.) See you all soon.


2 hours later: Realize that admitting to - nay, further, blogging about - forementioned dance party, was caused by consumption of forementioned beer. Also realize that feet are not simply sore, they are blistered. But it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home