Thursday, June 16, 2005

Resistance is useless.

I'm not arguing with the seriousness of blasphemy, but does anyone else out there ever wonder why "Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Lord in Vain" got to be its very own commandment? If it's just a respect thing, wouldn't it be covered under "I Am the Lord Thy God; Thou Shalt Have No Strange Gods Before Me"?
In other news, my last day of work here at the firm is July 7. After that I plan to drive Stangster the Ghettobile as far as it will go across the States, stopping in choice places like Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, and Nashville, and then if the gods allow, back to SP. If the car doesn't make it - as it probably won't - then I ditch that old tin can (anyone want an '89 mustang for parts? Some of the parts are intact... $200!) and catch a flight home. Or hitchhike somewhere. Or take a bus. I haven't decided yet. I haven't decided much of anything yet, actually, which is half of what makes the trip so exciting. Anyone want to come with? I can only take one passenger, as S the G drives funny when more heavily loaded. Passenger will be chosen on the grounds of his/her possession of a digital camera, good taste in music, and courtesy in offering to split fuel costs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wavelet said...

whoah, that sounds awesome. except for the getting stranded in a desert somewhere while we rail in a futile fashion at your dead dead 'stang.

8:04 PM, June 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psshhhh. No worries. I'm going to get a cell phone for a month.

9:55 PM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

You WILL NOT hitchhike.....or I'll have your head!! LOL.

10:48 AM, June 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* My dear, I'd give a kidney to join you, but husband and son beckon--and the two of them can be louder than anyone. DO NOT HITCHHIKE. =) I'd miss my Mel. And I just found you. =)

9:35 PM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home