Sunday, August 21, 2005

On the road againnnnnn........

Leaving early tomorrow on trek from Surrey to Santa Paula and thence to friend's wedding in San Diego. It's a 20-hour drive to SP, and I'd love to do the whole thing in one go, but that's hardly likely. And so a question elbows it way rudely to the forefront of my thoughts: do I know anyone in southern Oregon/northern California who'd just love to pull out the sofa for a friend for a night??? Don't think so. The tragedy of it all is that even the crappiest hotel in Willows, CA, charges $53.99 for a bed. Like, who'd actually WANT to stay in Willows? Have you seen the place? The least they could do is try to make their hotel prices appealing. That's two tanks of gas, thank you very much, and I'm on a (heckuva) budget. So perhaps I'll just be downing far-beyond-healthy-limits amounts of gas station coffee, putting the pedal to the metal (heh), and plowing on through to surprise the ex-roommates at 4 in the morning.
It's a good thing I like driving.
Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

If you can make it to San Francisco, we have a pallet on the floor with your name on it.

4:48 PM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Scratch that; we're HOUSESITTING, so there'll be a bed and a room and your OWN bathroom!!!

5:13 PM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger talitha cumi said...

Wow, thanks! I'm not sure I'll make it that far, but I'll try - it sounds lovely! I'll need a phone number though, and how late do you two stay up? Email me at melinalina@gmail.com if you read this in time, I'll check before leaving in the morning. Thanks again!

6:21 PM, August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home